Here is some useful information for success in my class:
First of all, Harlandale High School Rocks!
I will learn the eight main biology topics, because:
1. It may help me choose my career.
2. It may help me invent a useful product.
3. It may help me create a lucrative business.
4. It may help me understand newsworthy issues better.
5. It may help me solve a problem.
6. It may help me pass the STAAR.
7. It may help me earn my credit for biology.
1. Keep comments and actions positive.
2. Relate topics to what you know.
3. Respect your teacher and your classmates.
4. Share aha moments!
5. Be ready to participate.
6. Expect the unexpected.
Do's and Don'ts for answering questions in class:
1. Use the sentence stems provided to answer the question.
2. Ask, "May I ask for help before I answer the question?"
3. Ask, "Could you please rephrase the question?"
4. Ask, "May I have a hint to help me answer the question?"
5. Ask, "May I have an example to help me answer the question?"
1. Don't shout out answers if a student is asked to answer the question.
2. Don't make negative remarks about student answers.
3. Don't say, "I don't know."
I am available for tutoring on Wednesday after school from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. and at other times by appointment.